"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes Me." ~ Mark 9:37 ~

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hard to believe it's already been 5 montsh!

Let's see ... where to begin.

The children have been with us for 5 months now.

We have our ups and we have our downs.

They are staying home with me for the summer to relax and do school work. They have a difficult time doing what they're told to do. They push limits and throw tantrums. The boy has gotten a lot better though ... I must say. That makes us happy :-) He's doing much more age-appropriate things now.

The little girl is worrying us right now ... and she's worrying the counselor too. She has a great need for control. Control over her brother. Control over us. Control over what she gets to do. Control over the pets. Control over what she wants people to say to her. The list goes on and on. I pray the counselor will be able to help her and to help us work with her better.

They are very sweet kids. God has blessed us by them staying in our home. God has also taught us to depend on Him like we've never done before. God is essential for my sanity lately. I'm staying home with them this whole summer, and see them everyday ... all day. Some days I think I may go insane ... whereas other days I love it.

They should be with us another month, or two, or three, or ... who knows. It's really all a guessing game and I'm tired of guessing how long they'll be with us. lol God only knows, and once again ... we must put all our trust in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment