My husband and I have been really considering and praying about becoming Foster Parents. Well, we finally took the first step and called the State Office. We're waiting for the county office to call us this week and help us schedule an Orientation day and Training days.
God has laid it on my heart to do this ever since my summer being a Camp Counselor at Camp Pinnacle. And then I'll never forget the mission trip to Mexico. God spoke there to me also, under a full moon, on the beach's shore. He told me I'll be doing something great for kids with my life. At that time I didn't know what it would be, but about two summers ago I figured it out in Clayton, Georgia ... on the mountain tops there.
Another big sign to us is that we've been trying to have kids of our own for 9 months now, with no luck at all. I truly believe God did this so I won't forget to accomplish His goal for Him ... fostering kids in-need! Now, it's time I followed what our Father wants of me to do for HIM. After all, that's why we're here ... to listen to our God and do what we can while we're here on this Earth to help Him in EVERY way possible.
There are so many kids out there that need a nice, caring, loving, and safe home to wait for their parents to snap out of it (whatever the situation may be), and there's also kids out there who need a permanent home. Well, that's where Nehemias and I come in! God's going to use us for something GREAT! He's going to use us as stepping stones in some kids' lives. We're so excited about it, but SO nervous.
There's really no reason to be nervous when God's in complete control though. And that's a huge relief! In closing, here we go ... off on a great adventure, without even leaving our nice cozy home. We'll need lots of prayer and support, for we're anticipating the difficulties that are to come. When all is through, God is the reason for it all ... and we love Him more and more all the time...
No comments:
Post a Comment